Saturday, August 17, 2013

Nachos with queso and avocado sauce #thesaladbar

How many of you love Mexican food? ME! ol* raises hand and waves wildly!

We eat taco salad a lot, like every two weeks. Wanting to switch it up I had an idea for an avocado sauce. Then I saw in #TheSaladBar group that we needed to do a recipe with avocado, I knew right away I would make a new taco salad/nachos with some sort of avocado dressing. I really like avocado but my husband is not a huge fan. 

So this had to be something he would enjoy. Enjoy he did. YAY big hit. He said several times how much he enjoyed the flavor.

Now if my avocado had been a little riper it would have been better. I wanted it to be a smooth blend so I could drizzle it on top. Instead I got a slightly chunky version and put drops on. Oh well. Next time.

Also, I wanted to make the queso with a thick dark lager beer, but refused to buy a six pack for 1/2 cup of beer. So I decided to switch my plan.

Nachos with Queso and Avocado Sauce
1 lb lean ground chuck
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 TBSP taco seasoning (I make my own)
1/2 Vidalia onion, diced
2 small sweet salad peppers, diced
1/4 cup water

Cook the ground chuck with the seasoning, water, peppers and onion.

Heat the beans in a small pot. Set aside.

Queso
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3 cups Colby/cheddar blend, shred cheese
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 can diced green chilies/tomatoes, drained (like Rotel)
Place all the ingredients into a medium sauce pan and allow to melt and become smooth. Stir occasionally.

Avocado Sauce
1/2 avocado
1/2 lime, juiced
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cilantro,dried, or chop fresh
Puree until smooth or mash and mix well. Drizzle on top.

Assemble.
Chips
Queso
Beans
Meat Mix
Queso
Avocado Sauce



ENJOY!
This recipe is part of a group link. Please stop by the other blogs and see what great avocado recipes they came up with. 


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment