Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dessert Challenge - Peach Sour Cream Nut Cake

This month I joined up with Sheryl at Lady Behind the Curtain and her Dessert Challenge. Our assignment was to create a new dessert using "peaches and cream" but not literal cream. Just something 'creamy'. I admit, I made 4 different desserts. ALL were good. But I could not decide WHICH one I wanted to use for this post. Finally I decided on this one.

Peach Sour Cream Nut Cake - not a thing of beauty but of great flavor.





Ingredients:
yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup pureed fresh peaches (I used 3)
1/4 cup oil
1 cup sour cream

Frosting
1 stick butter
8 oz cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)

Grease and flour a 13 x 9 pan
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Bake 35 minutes

Instructions:
Mix wet ingredients together and then blend into your dry.
Bake for 35 minutes
Allow cake to cool COMPLETELY
Remove from pan and cut in half.
Place in the freezer for 20 minutes, this makes frosting easier...this makes the cake firm and less crumbly

Place one half on a plate, frost, top with the other half. Frost the entire cake and press nuts on the sides.
I think it would have helped if I had cooled the frosting to make it stiffer. Mine ran as you can see.
Keep the cake in the fridge because of the cream cheese in the frosting.

ENJOY








Lady Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge


Other Peach recipes on my blog:
Surprise BBQ Chicken
UGLY Peaches N Cream Pie
Peaches N Cream Smoothie or Dessert in a glass
Bourbon Peach French Toast
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment