Friday, August 2, 2013

cinnamon cream cheese rolls

The last two weeks my kitchen has seen a lot of experiments. Some have been gorgeous, delicious and big hits. Others have been not so pretty, like the UGLY peach pie, but still delicious. There was one that was not very tasty or pretty and I hate to say it but it went in trash. I think that is the second time in a year. So, not too bad.

This one, well, not pretty, but oh so good. It worked really well in my head and had I given it more thought I would have realized this would happen.


I used some leftover icing from a cake that I made, you'll see that later and a can of crescent rolls. Rolled them in cinnamon sugar. Great idea, tasted wonderful but man what a mess! The reason it was so messy is the sugar, when the frosting got hot, it ran out and the sugar baked forming crispy puddles around each roll.

They don't look too bad after I cleaned them up. They really did melt in my mouth. Soft and sweet inside with a light crispy outside. YUM

1 can crescent rolls
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup leftover frosting= 1 eight oz cream cheese, 4 cups powdered sugar, 1 stick butter creamed into a frosting.

Spread the frosting on the triangle, roll, dip and roll in cinnamon sugar, place on a sheet and bake according to the directions.

ENJOY!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment