Friday, August 9, 2013

Big Mac - Salad style

Yes sirree bob. Big Mac on a plate or Big Mac - salad style, however you look at it, it was fantastic.

I don't know why but yesterday I had that song in my head "two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun". Why I have no idea. But I did.

I don't eat there, don't go to fast food places as a general rule and was NOT going to go out and get one. I needed a lighter supper because the night before we had a big carb load, "almost lasagna" for supper and I wanted to do light.

Salad was what I had planned, but my husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. Has to be meat and either pasta, potatoes, rice or bread or it is not a meal to him. I've tried, believe me, I have tried to get him to go "vegan" or vegetarian or anything but MEATarian. sigh... I digress.

Back to the Big Mac, I decided to go with it. Make a salad with all the ingredients.

My husband looked at me like I was crazy when I handed him the plate. I said, "here ya go, Big Mac salad." He was like, ummm sure. THEN he tasted it. He said, "wow that's really good" like there was any doubt. ha

BIG MAC Salad
1 head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
1/4 sweet onion, diced finely
1/2 lb lean ground chuck
3 baby dill pickles, chopped
4 TBSP shredded cheese (I used Colby and cheddar)
4 TBSP 1000 Island dressing
2 TBSP sesame seeds

Thinly slice the lettuce and arrange it on the plate. Dice the onion and pickles. In a skillet cook the ground beef or chuck with 1/4 cup water, 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp paprika and 1 tsp black pepper until well done. Saute onions in the pan until translucent. Allow the meat and onions to cool some. 
Now layer the salad.
Lettuce, meat, onions, cheese, sauce, pickles, sesame seeds.

ENJOY
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment