Monday, August 12, 2013

Beef Stir Fry with a Twist

Looking around in my freezer trying to figure out what to cook. My menu was done, all items cooked and I needed a quick fix meal. (Yes, it happens. I make out a menu and somehow manage to cook all the meals before the end of the week, OR I missed a day somehow.)

Stir fry, always a winner, quick, easy and healthy. So I took out the beef and allowed it to thaw.

This is what I did next, to add the 'twist'.

Beef Stir Fry with a twist
.75 beef (cut into strips for stir fry)
2 tsp teriyaki sauce
4 cups shredded slaw mix(this is red cabbage, green cabbage and carrots mixed or you can shred your own  cabbage)
1 cup snow pea pods
6 strips bacon, chopped
1 Vidalia onion, chopped

In my wok, heating up 1 TBSP oil, I tossed the chopped onion and bacon, stirring continually so as not to burn it. Once it was almost done I added the beef.  When that was med.rare the teriyaki sauce was added, stirred around well , lastly the vegetables were stirred in. These can be cooked down or just wilted depending on your liking.

*Did you notice the twist? That's right, bacon. I mean come on, when is bacon not good? And doesn't onion and bacon just scream at you when cooking, EAT ME. Okay, maybe it is just me, and my husband, and our oldest, but bacon makes EVERYthing taste better. 

ENJOY


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment