Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bacon Corn Hotcakes

Pinterest   Instagram   be sure to follow me to keep up to date on all that's happening.

Here's a thought, corn for breakfast.

Did that freak you out? Why? You eat "corn" flakes, "corn" pops, "corn" dogs, okay maybe you don't eat corn dogs for breakfast, but you eat corn muffins. So why not corn for breakfast.

I mean who decides what is a breakfast food and what is not? My mom used to let me have cake and ice cream for breakfast on my birthday. My teachers would freak out when I went to school and said I had cake and ice cream for breakfast. I had one teacher call my mom and ask her. Too funny.

Recently while discussing recipes and what was in season with my friends Jutta and Cynthia. We were looking at corn, as it would be coming in soon. I said I could do something for breakfast, I think that was met with skepticism but of course Jutta said she could do a dessert, which left Cynthia with a side or main dish.
Jutta's Dessert
Cynthia's Main Dish

I actually made two different recipes and the first was okay but I wanted something "different" something with a 'oh wow' factor.

I was honestly surprised at how good these pancakes/hotcakes were. But why wouldn't they be, I mean you add bacon or maple syrup to just about anything and you will enjoy the flavor. To be honest, the more I ate, the more I liked it and they fill you up fast. I ate two and was full. They are not large, but you can make them any size you want.


Bacon Corn Hotcakes
3 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup corn, roasted in a dry pan
1 cup 7 grain organic pancake mix
3/4 cup almond milk
1 egg
1 TBSP oil
Mix all ingredients well and pan fry with a dab of butter. Serve with maple syrup.

ENJOY

***************************
More Corn Dishes
TexMex Chicken with **Sante Fe Veggies

Farmers Market Corn Salsa from Feeding Big
Cornmeal Pudding with berries From Hungry Little Girl

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment