Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Apple Cranberry Crisp

I know it's not fall yet, and from the temperatures this last week, WELL above 90, I am reminded Fall is far away. However, I got thinking about back to school, teachers, apples and oh yeah dessert. An apple dessert. 

I had some apples in the fridge that really needed using up. So I decided to throw together a quick little crisp. Nothing fancy.

It was really good and with ripe apples it takes no time to bake. This would be a great breakfast, snack or dessert.

I added cranberries because I really like the combination. A sweet and tart, to wake up the mouth.

Apple Cranberry Crisp
3 large ripe apples, cored and sliced
1 small box, individual size, dried cranberries
2/3 cup oats
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 TBSP flour
4 TBSP butter
2 tsp cinnamon

In a baking dish, 9 inch square pan, core and slice your apples. Sprinkle the cranberries on top. Now mix the dry ingredients and cut in the butter. Cut it in like when you are making a pie crust. Once it is crumbly sprinkle on top of your apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Top with ice cream and caramel sauce

Another great apple dish is: Apple Cinnamon Delight
Cynthia at Feeding Big has a Elegant Easy Rustic Apple Tart
Jutta from Hungry Little Girl has this Healthy Apple Crumb Bars
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment