Thursday, July 11, 2013

zucchini puffs

Yes, I have been on a zucchini kick. That's what happens when 6 plants give you 20 lbs in 2 weeks. You go zucchini crazy!

I made these little puffs the other night to go with our supper. A yummy tasty little treat, sort of like a muffin and a fritter had a baby. 

I'm calling them puffs and if you missed yesterdays Garden Omelet loaded with zucchini you should go check it out. It was so good I've fixed them twice in one week AND my husband did not complain one bit. He actually said "oh YEESSS" when I handed it to him the second night (not in a row of course). Win win! Could have been because I handed him half the omelet and a BLT sandwich. I mean how could I go wrong? Bacon, fresh tomatoes, fresh zucchini...oh yeah baby.


Here are my muffin/fritter babies 



Zucchini Puffs
3/4 cup flour (all purpose)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 TBSP Italian seasoning
3/4 cup milk (I use almond milk)
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby, jack and mozzarella)
1 cup zucchini grated
1/4 red onion grated
Important, since zucchini are mostly water, after grating it you should squeeze it out in a towel or cheesecloth to remove the excess water. Now mix all the dry ingredients and then add the wet. Stir well but don't over mix it. Spray a mini muffin tin and spoon the mixture in.
Bake on 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the center is done.

ENJOY

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment