Thursday, July 4, 2013

zucchini fries

Yes, you read that right. Zucchini fries. I know, the first time I heard that I said, no way a zucchini is going to taste as good as a fry. Well, the taste is nothing the same, however, I have to admit. I love them. They are really good and down right addicting.
The recipe is super simple and since my garden is over run with them, I need to do something with them all. Why not a fry?




Zucchini Fries
2 large zucchini
2 eggs
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 TBSP corn starch
oil for cooking

Slice the zucchini in half by length and then again and again until you have the desired size 'fries'.
I rolled mine in the beaten eggs and then into the dry mix.
Fried in a small amount of oil in a shallow pan, not deep fried.
Drain, add sea salt and done.

ENJOY

Interested in other zucchini recipes? Here are a few great ones I enjoy:

zucchini galette from Feeding Big
feta stuffed zucchini from Hungry Little Girl
Lemon Zucchini Loaf - Spatulas On Parade
stuffed zucchini surprise - guest post
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment