Saturday, July 20, 2013

Smoothie Surprise - Crazy Ingredient Challenge

Each month I normally take part in the Surprise Recipe Swap. Well, that has changed and now it is the Crazy Ingredient Challenge. You can find all the details HERE


This month the challenge was... Chocolate AND Cauliflower. My first thought was to shred cauliflower and put it in chocolate muffins. Which I may still do, but I thought I'd try something different. A smoothie. Yep, I drank my cauliflower.

Surprise Smoothie
1 cup almond milk
1 cup cauliflower
2 TBSP chocolate syrup
1 frozen banana

All items placed into my Vita Mix. I blended the almond milk and cauliflower first, then added the chocolate and frozen banana. It whirled on low, then medium and then high for about 2-3 minutes.



Beautiful isn't it? Nice and smooth, you would never have known what was in it if I did not tell you.



Proof that I did drink it. Now I had been working in the yard so not the best photo but the best refreshing drink afterwards that was for sure.


HunngryLittleGirl
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment