Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Orange Chocolate Coconut Rum - Make you Wacky Cake

Having my youngest son home and getting ready to move to TX with the USAF, I'm cooking for a big group again, yay. I mean that. I love cooking and having my family together and with all this cooking comes...desserts!
We are going through a lot of desserts and I needed a quick, easy and different something.
Looking around the kitchen I decided to go with this cake. It doesn't make a huge amount but we already had two other desserts so this really was perfect.
Wacky Cake, No Egg Cake, Depression Cake, whatever you call it, we call it quick, easy and delicious.
I have seen it over and over again with many different flavor versions. Here are a few of mine.

Orange Chocolate Coconut Rum Cake
 1 1/2 cup flour (all purpose)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
5 TBSP cocoa powder

Mix all these ingredients together in an 8 x 8 baking dish. Next add your liquid.

1 cup liquid - I used 3/4 cup OJ and 1/4 cup coconut rum
5 TBSP oil
1 tsp white vinegar

Stir well and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
I frosted mine with leftover chocolate fudge frosting.


Wacky Crazy No Egg Cake - chocolate


Everything Tropical - no dairy

For another great dairy free and PALEO cake recipe, visit my friend Jutta over at Hungry Little Girl to see this great find: Paleo Cinnamon Coconut Cake
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment