Friday, July 26, 2013

July - Fly on the Wall - smoothie


Another great month of "Fly on the Wall" with my friend Karen over at Baking In A Tornado and 14 other bloggers. We are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house. Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:



Baking In A Tornado
Just A Little Nutty
Follow Me Home
Stacy Sews and Schools
The Sadder But Wiser Girl
Menopausal Mother
Moore Organized Mayhem
Hypnotic Bard
The Momisodes
Spatulas On Parade
Dates 2 Diapers 2
Not Everyone Can Be A Mermaid
The Rowdy Baker
Evil Joy Speaks

Conversations with my grand-daughter, who is 2
me: hi, how are you?
J: I'm 2
me: yes I know you're 2

me: what are you doing?
J: I not do nuh fin
me: really
J: whut u say

J: where my daddy
me: on the phone in his room
J: who he talkin too, his friend
me: yes
J: her at her howz
me: yes
J: good


Here is a great smoothie I made using leftovers.
Peaches N Cream Smoothie
1/2 cup cooked peaches (leftover from a pie) cinnamon and nutmeg and sugar, cooked down.
1 cup frozen peaches
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup homemade whipped cream (leftover from the pie)
1/2 cup almond milk
Blitzed up in the Vita Mix and done!
Easy, used up my leftovers and it was like drinkable dessert. Just what I needed :)
ENJOY

**********
Facts I learned this month:
If you put hot liquid in the Vita-Mix, place the lid on it and turn it on. The lid WILL come off and you WILL get a shower of whatever you put in there.

As soon as I hang out clothes on a sunny day, it starts to rain.

I clean out the litter box and one of the three IMMEDIATELY has to poop.

If I drop an egg in the floor, the dog will clean it faster than I can grab a towel.

We've had so much rain I'm expecting the chickens to start lining up two by two. OR their feet will become flippers.

When trapped in the hen house without your phone, a weapon or anyone home, you WILL see the biggest (*&^&^^%$ snake of the year! Now I know where the eggs have been disappearing too.

Shopping:
The one day I go out for just 1 item and don't change from my 'house cleaning clothes' is the 1 day I see EVERYONE I know. :(

When you have a headache is the one day that NO toddler or baby in town has had a nap and their moms ALL needed something from the same store I'm in.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment