Friday, July 19, 2013

Jambalaya with KYVAN foods

Disclosure: I received several food items from 82 LLC in exchange for my honest opinion and for the use in my own home and recipes. I was not paid and any information that I share with you is in my own words, my own opinions and not due to any payment.

Now on to the good stuff!

A few weeks ago I was contact by Sheila Kelly the wife of NFL player Reggie Kelly. They have started a line of natural ethnic foods. Being raised in Mississippi Reggie understands good down home food.
After corresponding with Sheila a few times I was sent several items to try. I LOVED them all. Their motto is #appreciatethegoodness and after trying these products I can see why.

Here on the poster you can see several food items available.
You can see them all at: www.kyvan82.com

The first night I pan fried some chicken tenders and poured the sweet bbq sauce on top. Oh man! Let me tell you, it is sweet, with little bits of veggies and goodness floating around. Not heavy or overly sweet. I can tell you I'll be switching brands.

 Then there is the honey. A great blackberry flavored honey that is not overly heavy on the fruit and the honey is more mellow. I used it in tea and on a WOW butter sandwich. Yes you read that right. I can't eat peanut butter, so I use #WOW butter and I drizzled the blackberry honey on it. Perfect. Not heavy and gooey like a jam or jelly and not overpowering like some honeys can be.
And lastly, the jar of jambalaya sauce. You can see the veggies floating around. It is fresh tasting with just the right amount of bite in it. Not too hot and not wimpy either.
Here is how I used it:

Jambalaya
1 jar KYVAN jambalaya sauce
3/4 lb lean ground chuck
1/2 lb pork sausage
1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken
1/2 lb shrimp
2 small carrots
2 green onions

In a deep pot, add the ground chuck and pork, cook until almost done. Next add the chicken cut into bite size pieces. Once the meats are done, add the carrots and onions, pour the sauce in and stir well. Once the mix is heated through, toss in your shrimp. This will take about 5 minutes. 
Serve over rice. I used organic short grain brown rice.

If you are interested in the company,learning more about the Kelly's, purchasing any or all of their fine products, here is their social media information:
Pinterest
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Website
Amazon


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment