Monday, July 15, 2013

His vs. Her's deviled egg show down

We love deviled eggs and I have seen a lot of variations lately. My husband wanted me to make him a special egg. So I decided that since we have chickens and eggs in abundance. Why not do a show down of sorts.

His vs. Hers

I said: I will call mine "angel eggs and yours deviled eggs". To which my husband replied, "Why do I have to be the devil?"
I said: Because, yours will be HOT, like the devil/hell, and spicy. Mine will be sweet and cool. Get it?"
He looks at me and says "ah". I do believe there was sarcasm in that ah.

I already had a dozen eggs boiled in the fridge, I try to keep a dozen boiled and chilling. They make a great snack, quick lunch or a salad topper.

*Begin by peeling the eggs, slicing them and removing the yokes. I put half in one bowl and half in the other. Use a fork to mash up the egg and then add your ingredients to each bowl. Or just one bowl if you are only fixing one variation.


His: Spicy Deviled "man" eggs
2 Boiled eggs
1 tsp Chipotle jalapeno dipping mustard
1 1/2 TBSP Dukes mayo
salt and pepper to taste
jalapeno, sliced (mix in or just place on top)
2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1 tsp chopped dill pickles
paprika for garnish


Hers: Southern "angel" eggs
3 boiled eggs
1 1/2 TBSP Dukes mayo
1 tsp French's mustard
1-2 TBSP sweet pickle relish
salt and pepper to taste
paprika for garnish


Cast your vote by making a comment: His OR Hers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment