Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Chocolate Chip Coconut Ice Cream

Hey howdy hey! ha ha yeah, not sure why that was in my head but now it's out and I feel better.

You all know that in my house we would almost rather have dessert than food and that my husband thinks that a house without ice cream in it is a crime scene. Ice cream gets expensive and since I did buy a FABulous ice cream maker several months ago, he REALLY thinks there should be ice cream in the house at all times.

How many different flavors do you think there are? Thousands and this may be nothing new, however, it is new in the fact that it is DAIRY FREE! That's right. No milk, no cream, no eggs.

After doing some reading, researching along with some trial and error. This is what I came up with.

Chocolate Chip Coconut Ice Cream
1 can coconut milk (Thai milk in the can)
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup dark chocolate mini chips

That's it. Follow the instructions on your machine. For me that meant mixing the ingredients well, pouring into the frozen drum while it was on. Letting it run for 20 minutes and ta da! Done

ENJOY

Be sure to check out my other flavors:
chocolate
honey lemon sorbet
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment