Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Stuffed Zucchini - guest post

Hi everyone, another wonderful recipe from another wonderful friend!
These look so good and with all the rain, my garden has gone NUTS, the zucchini are growing and multiplying faster than rabbits. So I will be fixing some of these myself. Thank you Cynthia!


Hello everyone!  My name is Cynthia and I blog over at FeedingBig.com.

When my good friend Dawn asked for a little help while dealing with all of her family issues, I was happy to accept.   Even though Dawn and I have never met, we are good friends and I would help her in a heart beat.  Most bloggers are like that!  We reach out and share and help.

So, on to the recipe.  My family and I belong to a CSA.  What is a CSA you may ask?  CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture.    In simple terms, I own a share of a farm and for that share I get fresh veggies and fruit all summer long!  I just love it.  I never really know what I will get every week.   I wake up Wednesday morning with my heart beating just a little faster than usual, knowing that I will get to jump in the car and pick up my goodies.  When I get home and see what I received that week, I sit down and plan my menu.


Last week, one of the items we received was 4 pounds of zucchini!  I just love zucchini, don’t you?  That is where the inspiration for this recipe came from.
Stuffed Zucchini

Ingredients
2 medium zucchini (split)
½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
¼ cup chopped parsley
¼ chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or pecans
2 tablespoons olive oil (plus more to drizzle)
Salt and pepper to taste.

Directions

Scoop center out of zucchini and chop finely.  Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and heat.  Sauté the onion and the chopped zucchini until tender and the onion is translucent.  In a medium bowl combine panko, parsley, nuts, and zucchini/onion mixture.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Stuff zucchini, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 425 for about 25 to 30 minutes.



I love this recipe!  It is quick, easy and healthy.  The nuts give the stuffing a little crunch.  I hope you will try this.


Dawn, thank you so much for allowing me to share a recipe on your great site!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment