Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sauteed Brussel Sprouts w/walnuts and parm...Surprise Recipe Swap reveal

This month and this year have gone by so fast, add to that all the events that have happened and I loose track of time.
This months SRS snuck up on me. I was out of town for 2 weeks and almost missed making my recipe for the reveal.
No worries, I managed to sneak it in.
Not sure what I'm talking about? The SRS is the brain child of Jutta over at Hungry Little Girl and you can find all the information to join in HERE.




I was given Cheese Curd In Paradise this month. The name made me laugh and peaked my interest. Of course then I had Jimmy Buffet in my head.
It was hard finding just the right recipe. I tend to head straight for the desserts but opted for a savory side dish this time. I wanted to change it up.
Since I love brussel sprouts, when I ran across this recipe, I knew it was the one.
Here is her recipe: 


Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Walnuts and Parmesan


1 1/2 lb brussel sprouts, coarsely sliced


2 1/2 TBSP olive oil


1/4 chicken or vegetable broth(I used vegetable)


1 tsp salt (I omitted the salt)


1/2 tsp black pepper


1/4 cup walnuts, chopped


1/8 cup freshly grated Parmesan


In a medium skillet heat oil. Add Brussel sprouts and stir to evenly coat them in oil. Allow to cook for about 3 minutes. Add chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add walnuts and stir well. Cook for an additional 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed- stirring frequently. Remove from skillet to serving dish and top with cheese.
*My sprouts where larger and thick so I cooked them a total time of 10 minutes*

HungryLittleGirl
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment