Monday, June 10, 2013

Krispy Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwich- guest post

Hi everyone, still out of town, there is so much to do after a loved one passes away..so to help me out a little. You will see a few guest post this week. Today is Jutta from Hungry Little Girl. You have read her post here several times. Give her a big shout out and warm welcome. I love this dessert she created just for us. Definitely on my "to do" list.

I have a lovely ice cream sandwich cake: HERE


**************************

Hello there, it’s me again - Jutta from HungryLittleGirl :)
I am always so happy to be guest posting here at Dawn’s and as usual I am bringing over a sweet treat (yes, I am a sugar addict).
Since summer is very close, I thought I’d share something cold, but still special. No baking required! Actually all it takes to make this dessert is 5 minutes of your time - Awesome, right?!


Things I did to lighten this recipe up, simply because we all love to enjoy, but not ruin our bikini shape: I used light ice cream, only ⅓ cup of sugar (you can absolutely substitute with Stevia), unsweetened coconut and a sugar free chocolate sauce. I also only used the super cheap brand of rice cereal, no need to be fancy here.


The sandwiches were a big hit with the whole family and I will have a couple squares in my freezer now all summer long. The possibilities are endless! Maybe using a chocolate cereal, adding different nuts or candy pieces, using all kinds of ice cream flavors …
So be creative and invent your very own ice cream sandwich :)


Now enough the bla bla - let’s have a look at the recipe :)


What you need:

5 tablespoons butter, softened
⅓ cup sugar
3 cups Rice Cereal (can be the cheap brand)
1 cup walnuts, chopped
⅓ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
2 ½ cups cookie dough ice cream, light
Chocolate fudge sauce for topping, optional


How you make it:


Take your ice cream out of the freezer so it can soften a little first
In a large bowl combine rice cereal, sugar, nuts and softened butter
Press half of the mixture into a 8 inch brownie pan
Add ice cream on top and gently spread out
Top with remaining rice cereal mixture and the coconut and press down very gently
Place in freezer for about 2 hours before serving
When serving, cut in squares and top with hot chocolate fudge sauce if desired


●●●●●        ●●●●●       ●●●●●


Well, all that’s left to say is that I really hope you will make your own sandwiches and even share the pictures of YOUR very own creation with us. I’d be happy to see some!
A huge thanks to Dawn for letting me come here and share some foodie love with all of you!
Hopefully until next time ...


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment