Thursday, June 20, 2013

Happy SITS Day to me!! Red, White and Blue Trifle

Happy SITS Day to me!!!
Hi and welcome, I have been waiting several months for this day to come. If you are from the SITS Girls, welcome. New here? I hope you'll stay a while and browse through my recipes, parties, and guest post.



For my regular readers wondering what a SITS day is...well SITS Girls is a social network helping female bloggers connect with each other, brands and opportunities at making money with our blogs. Over 40,000 members strong and growing. If you are a blogger, be sure to stop by and link up. You can ask questions, join discussion groups, review products and make great friends.

This has been an exciting week so far. On Tuesday I celebrated 1 year of blogging. You can read all about it: HERE 

On the right are links where you can follow me on all the different social media.

One thing that so many people say to me is "I love your blog name" or "your blog name made me laugh" but it caught their attention and made them stop long enough to look around and hopefully come back over and over.

I started my blog a year ago to fulfill many things. 1 to fill my time, as a mother who had homeschooled - all my time was absorbed with their education and activities. All of a sudden they graduated, went to college and moved out, all at once. 2 share my recipes with friends and family who had been bugging me to blog, write a cook book or something. 3 find my niche in life as an empty nest mom. 4 a creative outlet where I could showcase my cooking, baking and photography.

In honor of my SITS Day, I created this lovely, light and delicious dessert.


Red, White and Blue Trifle
1 angel food cake
1 package vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cup Almond milk
2 TBSP orange juice
1/2 8 oz container Cool Whip
1 1/2 lbs strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 pint blueberries, washed and dried
1 8 oz block light fat free cream cheese, softened

In a mixing bowl, place cream cheese, pudding mix, milk, oj and mix for several minutes on high until smooth. Fold in 1/2 container of cool whip.
Hull and slice strawberries, wash blueberries and cut cake into cubes while the cream cheese and pudding are mixing.
Layer in a trifle bowl. Cake, blue berries, strawberries, cream mix and repeat. top with berries and cool whip.
Chill

ENJOY!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment