Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Doubly Cheesy Tater-tot Casserole

** For those who are not aware, I am out of town, my Daddy passed away on Sunday at 5:04 p.m. There will be no "new" recipes for a few days after this one. But I promise to keep posting and sharing as it is therapeutic for me**

After working in the yard and wanting something homey to eat, it got me to thinking about a  tater tot casserole I had seen numerous times on Pinterest but forgot to pin it or see who made it. So I thought, hmm, I can make one. How hard can it be?
So I went in the kitchen, grabbed up a bunch of ingredients and threw this together. We enjoyed it. Not something I would make often as I think it was probably loaded with calories.
Opps, sorry I said the 'c' word. Bad Dawn.
So here ya go...

Doubly Cheesy Tater-tot Casserole

1 bag tater tots
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 TBSP homemade taco seasoning mix
1/2 jar of Monterrey jack queso
1/2 onion
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 bag Colby shredded cheese

Cook the ground beef, onion and taco seasoning together. When it is done, mix in the queso and soup mix. No water or milk. Spray a 13 x 9 pan and cover the bottom with tater tots. Pour the meat/cheese mix on top and cover that with the remaining tots. Now sprinkle the shredded cheese over. Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.

ENJOY




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment