Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cantonese Chicken

Years ago when my husband and I were dating and first married, we used to go to this little Chinese place called Good Luck. They had a dish called "good luck chicken" and it was also known as Cantonese Chicken.
I have no idea what the recipe was, but remember the taste. So I decided to create my own version.
It is simple and very filling. I really enjoyed it and later that night when my husband finally got home from work, he heated up some and enjoyed it as well.
It may not be exactly like we used to order but it was really good.

Cantonese Chicken

1 small head cabbage, cut up
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
flour
salt
pepper
onion powder
garlic powder

Flour the chicken and fry. Remove and add flour (2-3 TBSP) to the remaining oil in the pan, there should be no more than 2 TBSP of oil. Stir until cooked and lightly brown. Add 1-2 cups of water and stir well. Allow to come to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and allow it to thicken. Add garlic, onion, salt and pepper to taste and place the chicken back into the gravy. While the chicken is cooking, steam the cabbage. Drain the cabbage and place on the plate. Top with the chicken and gravy. Sprinkle with the Onion Crunch.
ENJOY!
Close Up

Overhead shot

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment