Thursday, May 16, 2013

Smoothie - mixed fruit

Ever have one of those days when you are hungry, don't know what you want, don't feel like cooking and are too tired to go out?
That was today. So for breakfast I had some almond butter and a banana.
Lunch a large filling smoothie and a salad for supper.
I really wanted something cold, like ice cream or sherbet  We were out and the ingredients for ice cream where not in the house. Next best thing, smoothie!
My smoothies are different every time I make them. This was today's version.





1 lemon, juiced
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup crushed pineapple with juice
1 cup frozen mixed fruit (peaches, strawberries)
1 frozen banana
2 TBSP organic ground golden flax seed
1 gala apple

Everything went into my Vita Mix and blitzed. YUM

What's your favorite version?


This recipe was shared at:
Hearth and Soul Blog Hop Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. I love smoothies! I'm happy to see that you don't add ice cubes either and rather use frozen fruit :) Today I will have a very special one: Yellow Squash Pineapple - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum that looks wonderful! I'll have to try that variation! I make a few but add some protein powder in. This is one of my all time favorites from my blog:
    http://skinnygeekwithin.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-favorite-protein-shake.html

    I also make a mean Blueberry Muffin one. It's delicious too. I'm always on the lookout for more smoothie/shake recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum-- it looks so good--I love smoothie-- my family and myself drink them mostly ever morning-- gotta try this recipe :)

    Chene Founder of SGBC
    Personal Blog www.prototypemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these days, I'm going to get a Vitamix and make smoothies every day. =) For now, the blender will have to do. This version sounds really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking for some recipes for smoothies this summer I am going to try to change up my breakfast and make some smoothies. I will be writing this one down.
    www.kokoamag.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love smoothies also and will make one for any meal! Great idea. Thanks for sharing on FFF!

    ReplyDelete