Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mongolian Beef

As you know I am a lover of Asian inspired foods. I love sesame chicken and a good fried rice.
I have several recipes that I have shared before:
Chicken Fried Rice
Korean Beef
Crispy Fried Shrimp with spicy Asian sauce
Pineapple Chicken

This time I wanted to do something a little different. I cook with mostly chicken, fish or shrimp but this one is with beef.

When we eat out and want 'fast food' it is usually a sub or Chinese food. Our night time 'go to' is Mexican or a local mom and pop place.

I have seen several post on Pinterest for Mongolian Beef and this is my version. Hope you'll give it a go.


Mongolian Beef
1.72 lbs of chuck steak
2 TBSP oil
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp garlic powder
4 TBSP soy sauce
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
1 cup water
2 green onions
2 cups cooked rice

Begin by cooking the rice and while that is happening do the following: Add the oil into a large deep frying pan/skillet or wok. Allow the oil to heat up. Thinly slice the beef against the grain. Add the beef to the pan and cook, fast/stir fry style. When it is almost done, mix all the spices,water and sauces together and pour over the meat. Allow this to simmer covered for 10 minutes. While this is happening thinly slice the green onions and toss on top. Once the meat is cooked and the sauce has thickened, serve over rice.
ENJOY




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

12 comments:

  1. I do Mongolian Beef in the crock pot, but this one actually looks easier (not to mention quicker). Gotta give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easy and oh so good! It also was good the day after for lunch :)

      Delete
  2. I want to make more Chinese food but it is something I usually avoid for whatever reason. I think that I have put some stigma on it in my head that it is too hard for me to cook. This looks super easy and I am sure that it would be good with chicken too but the beef looks amazing!! I should be reading food blogs at dinner time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh it is really easy, most Asian dishes are even the ones that have multiple steps. Give it a go

      Delete
  3. Great recipe and thanks for linking to your other recipes. This Mongolian beef look so good! I will put it on my menu!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mongolian Beef!!! Yours looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'day! I LOVE Mongolian Beef too!
    You photo is welcoming me now TRUE!
    Cheers! Joanne
    What's On The List
    http://www.whatsonthelist.net
    Foodie Friends Friday Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try this! It looks so good. A perfect take out fake out.

    ReplyDelete