Monday, May 20, 2013

Maple Pecan Muffins - SRS

It is that time again. Time to reveal who I was given this month for the SRS. Oh, but wait. Do you know about the SRS? Visit HERE for all the info.

I love being part of the SRS with all my blog buddies, searching new blogs, finding recipes, trying them out, taking photos and then sharing with all of you.

This month I was given the blog Bizzy Bakes written by Chaya. She has some great recipes and it really took me a long time to decide what I was going to try.

I chose a muffin recipe because I love muffins and made them for breakfast. You can find her recipe HERE. Now I will share my version with you.

Maple Pecan Muffins
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
1/2 cup almond milk (plus 2 TBSP)
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup maple syrup (plus 2 TBSP)
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup chopped pecans
Top
2 TBSP brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl combine the wet. Now slowly mix the two together without over mixing.
Mix the brown sugar and pecans together and sprinkle over the top.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
Makes 12 muffins




HungryLittleGirl
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Featured on Morsels of Life: Five Friday Finds

http://morselsoflife.com/five-friday-finds-105.html#comment-4468

11 comments:

  1. I hope you liked the muffins. I haven't made these in a long time. I think I should since yours look delicious. I also want to look around your blog. Thanks for baking from Bizzy Bakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh they were a great breakfast treat. I did cut back on the ingredients are you mentioned in your post but then the batter was thick, super thick, so I added a tad more liquid and it was fine.

      Delete
  2. Another month of you picking a wonderful recipe for the swap! They look absolutely delicious! How about mailing me some?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound wonderful Dawn...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a self-proclaimed muffinaholic and these look and sound delicious, I will definitely be making these soon! Thank you for the recipe and your photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see these being on my table on Sunday! These are great and just enough sweet for a great breakfast or anytime snack!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm, I can almost taste these fabulous looking muffins! Will have to copy your recipe and taste them for myself! Thanks for posting.

    Patricia, Sugar & Spice & All Things ? Nice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn, these muffins look sooo good! I am with Cynthia, but I don't think I can wait till Sunday :) Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm just going to have to pin these muffins and make them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oohhh, these sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing at Tried and True recipes! http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/05/tried-and-true-recipes-13.html

    ReplyDelete