Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lemon Brownies

If you have visited here often then you know how I love my sweets. Chocolate and lemon are my two favorites and I go to them often when creating new treats or revamping old favorites.
As many of you, I have seen and heard about 'lemon brownies' for some time now and really have been wanting to give it a go.
So I finally did it.
Oh man, light, fluffy, delicate, tart, sweet all in one little delightful bite. YES I love them.
They were not hard to make and make a wonderful 'Spring/Summer' dessert to enjoy with your family or when grilling out, maybe a neighborhood bar-be-que take along.
Next time I will omit the lemon zest from the glaze as it had a slight after taste. I may have been over zealous and removed more pith with the zest than I should. Either way, the juice makes it tart and the zest is not needed for the glaze, it just makes it look pretty. The 'brownie' itself was perfect.

Lemon Brownies
1/2 cup butter, unsalted and room temperature
3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs
zest and juice from 1 large lemon
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Place the butter, flour, sugar and salt into your mixing bowl. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer with batter flat paddle attachment to beat the mixture into a creamy yellow batter. Next add the eggs, zest and lemon juice. Beat for 2 minutes.
Spread the mixture in a buttered 8 x 8 square pan and bake for 25 minutes in a pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
Allow the 'brownie' to cool and top with a glaze.

Glaze
juice and zest from 1 large lemon added to 1 rounded cup of powdered sugar, blend well and spread over top.

Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes and slice.

ENJOY


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My recipe was honored!! From the FFF party for June 6-9, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment