Thursday, May 16, 2013

Honey Powder

In several recent recipes I have mentioned using honey powder. Some of you have asked about it.
This is what it looks like:


Honey powder is dehydrated honey. You can use it in recipes as a replacement for sugar and in this form, a powder, no adjustment is needed. If you are a baker and use honey, you know that sometimes you have to adjust your liquid or dry ingredient ratios for the product to turn out well. Not with the honey powder, plus you are getting the sweet without the processed white sugar, which we all love but know is bad for us.

How do I use it? In my hot tea, coffee and in cooking/baking. Here are a few recipes I have used it in:

I first came across the honey powder in my local Asian market but have also found it on Amazon.com the price varies depending on which one you buy. Mine cost less than $6 for the jar and you can see it is 1.32 lb.

Let me know if you have used this before or if you do in the future. I love trying new things and sharing them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. I'm still intrigued, but keep forgetting to look for it. Does it add that honey flavor like the liquid honey, or does it just add sweetness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does add the honey flavor but not as strong and the sweetness is not as strong.

      Delete
  2. I just bought some honey powder and wondered if I could use it the same way as I would use sugar... Glad that I saw this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a great sugar substitute, it does add the honey flavor but is not as strong as liquid honey or as sweet as sugar.

      Delete