Friday, May 24, 2013

Fly on the wall...banana splits


Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 13 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.
 

Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:

http://www.justalittlenutty.com/                               
http://followmehome.shellybean.com                      
http://stacysewsandschools.wordpress.com/                  
http://sadderbutwiser.wordpress.com                      
http://menopausalmother.blogspot.com/                  
http://mooreorganizedmayhem.blogspot.com/                 
http://hypnoticbard.blogspot.com/                       
http://themomisodes.com/                                
http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/                 


Have you ever wondered what you would see or hear if you were a fly on the wall in someone elses house? I have. So here is a glimpse at what you might see or hear at mine.

***
During our homeschool days at lunch: "hey mom, who was the first person to get the bright idea to eat an egg?" I don't know. I guess the person who said, hey look at that white thing that fell out that chickens butt, wonder what it taste like"
***

My son goes walking through the house, talking on his cell phone, he is turning over pillows, moving boxes and looks at me and mouths "I'm looking for my cell and can't find it" ROTFL yes, true story

***
Dog is outside on the porch, I shut the sliding glass door when the a/c came on. She turns to run inside, BAM , right into the glass.

***
I posted on FB: got a new tattoo today.
response: was this your first one?
duh I said "a new one"

***
I'm in the middle of making a taco salad and my husband walks in, 
him: what are we having for supper
me: what does it look like
him: oh yeah

***
My youngest son lays his hamburger on the table, goes to the fridge for the ketchup. Goes back, patty is gone, bun is there. 
WHAT?
Dog is licking her lips. hmmm

***
On any given night I'm cooking supper, the boys walk in and say "whatcha doing?" 
My response: building a rocket ship, what does it look like?

***
On a sleepless night while deployed my husband reaches into his MRE and pulls out a package he thinks is cocoa and pours it in his coffee, turns out it was grape kool-aid. He drank it anyway.

***
After telling my son to be careful with a newly sharpened knife, I then slice open my hand and have to get stitches. irony

***
I posted on FB: Today we celebrate our anniversary. 22 years.
response: how many years?
***
Now how about a quick easy recipe? Here ya go:

Homemade banana splits
Makes 2 sundaes
1 banana, sliced in half length wise and across
6 strawberries,sliced
4 TBSP crushed pineapple
2 TBSP GF fudge sauce
4 TBSP chopped pecans
6 scoops Chocolate fudge brownie ice cream

I found a wonderful ice cream at Wal-Mart. Chocolate ice cream with fudge swirls and small bite size chewy fudge brownie pieces. In a bowl place 2 slices/halves of the banana, top with 3 scoops of ice cream, 3 sliced strawberries, 2 TBSP pineapple, drizzle with fudge sauce and pecans.

ENJOY

On June 1st you'll be able to read all about this hot fudge sauce and all the other wonderful things I received in my May Foodie Pen Pals box.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

17 comments:

  1. The "Whatcha doin?" question drives me crazy! Is it wrong to be wondering if grape-flavored coffee might be delicious? OF course it is. I may try it anyway...after the banana splits. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your house too? "whatcha doing?" LOL
      eww on the coffee but he is a strange little man

      Delete
  2. ROFL! Your house sounds like my house!!!!

    And now I want a banana split!! I just started a diet yesterday, it's probably too soon to cheat. Drat!

    http://stacysewsandschools.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No cheat, reward. Go for a long walk and eat one anyway. LOL I do, hmm that may be my problem.

      Delete
  3. I had my keys in my hand the other day, with a few other things, and I spent 10 minutes looking for said keys before my husband kindly pointed out to me that I was holding them. Thanks husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm sure he loved that. My dh is the one looking for things that are right in front of him.

      Delete
  4. Although I laughed through this whole post, on the serious side I must commend your husband for not wasting coffee.

    And why is it that our kids think they're so much smarter than us, yet ask the most ridiculous questions.

    Gotta go buy more bananas. A Banana Split will hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no, coffee waste is a sin to him. LOL

      Delete
  5. Hahaha this gave me such a good laugh :D
    I know the "what's for dinner" question (when they are looking right at it) too good!
    And btw. - I love that you use chocolate ice cream for the split like I do :) My husband says it's wrong - How dare him, calling chocolate wrong lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh girl, not only was it chocolate ice cream, it had fudge ribbons and tiny chewy fudge brownies pieces!

      Delete
  6. I've done that exact same thing with my phone-been looking for it and I've been talking on it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cell phone one! That's happened many times over the years, either to myself or to someone in the same room, with many different objects. A fork in the hand or the sunglasses on top of the head........

    I might make the sundaes this evening for my daughter's cookout. She's requested a brownie torte, but I'd rather not bake today if I don't have to......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Becky haven't seen you around in a while. Hope things are well. Yeah, don't bake if you don't have to. Enjoy the cookout.

      Delete
  8. I cannot begin to tell you the number of times I frantically searched for my eyeglasses, only to realize that they were on the top of my head!

    What great memories your family is making :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it seems a lot of folks lose their sunglasses or reading glasses only to find them on their person somewhere. I think our minds are too cluttered and we try to multitask.

      Delete
  9. Love the stories - they gave me a good chuckle and the banana split is not bad looking either!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete