Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Citrus Salmon with Strawberry Avocado Salsa

A few days ago while linking up to a blog party I saw a recipe that caught my eye. Salmon with a strawberry avocado salsa? hmmm why not? I love mango salsa and had been wanting to try other fruits as well.
I also love salmon and I really liked the ingredients in the marinade.
I found the recipe over at: Foodie Bride 
I did not grill mine as it was pouring rain, so mine was cooked in a skillet and I added more citrus juices than the original recipe.
It was absolutely fabulous! Hope you will try it as well.


Citrus Salmon with Strawberry Avocado Salsa (my adaptation)
4 small salmon fillets
Marinade in: juice from 1 orange and zest, 1 lime juiced, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1 TBSP cilantro, 2 TBSP olive oil. Soak the salmon as long as possible.
Cook in a skillet with the marinade. Top with salsa:
Strawberry Avocado Salsa
1 pint strawberries hulled and diced
2 small ripe avocado
1/2 red onion diced
juice from one orange
juice from one lime
1 TBSP cilantro
Mix and serve on top of salmon.

ENJOY

This recipe was linked up at:
Gluten Free Homemaker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. I have been received strawberries from our CSA and have really been enjoying them! This recipe looks great and is one I will put on my list!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Cynthia at http://FeedinBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love strawberries and all the other ingredients. I was a little worried about the salsa but it was great.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really was, I was concerned about mixing strawberries and avocado but it worked well.

      Delete