Thursday, May 9, 2013

Beef N' Cheese Taquitos

As you can tell by looking at the "recipe list" here on my blog, we LOVE Mexican food. So it will be no surprise that this post is about...a Mexican recipe. Shock I know.
One of my youngest sons favorite things is: taquitos. I used to buy the frozen one for him to heat up at lunch time. The other day I was missing him, he is in Tech School (Air Force training) and thinking about foods he likes. hmmm taquitos, I like them, not sure my husband has eat them. Why not make my own. I mean seriously, how hard can it be?
So here they are:




Beef N' Cheese Taquitos
.70 lb ground beef
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
2 tsp taco seasoning
1 pkg Goya saffron seasoning
10 small flour tortilla

Cook the ground beef and seasoning mixes. Drain if necessary. Mix in the cheese and add 2 TBSP of mix to the tortillas, roll tight and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Serve with salad and Monterrey Jack queso cheese dip (optional)
ENJOY






Image and video hosting by TinyPic

14 comments:

  1. Mmm taquitos!

    I added you on G+ awhile ago, but now I follow you via GFC too! Feel free to stop by and link up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party when you have a chance :))

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum!! never made taquitos before, but you are inspiring me to try them out! great recipe, thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super easy, just don't over fill and roll tight. You can also fry them but I try not to fry anything due to reducing fat.

      Delete
  3. Hi Dawn,
    These look so delicious and simple. Two of our favorite food qualities. The pictures are great too.
    Thank you for linking up with us on the Thumping Thursdays Blog Hop.

    Sincerely,
    Karina
    http://www.momintheusa.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karina for stopping by and I agree, delicious and simple are two of my favorites as well. Thank you for hosting the TTBH as well.

      Delete
  4. I adore taquitos! I have to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing and I hope you will link up your recipes with me at http://aroomfortwowithaview.com/recipes/simple-sunday-pot-roast/ for my TGIF Blog Hop!

    Have a great weekend!

    Melissa
    My recent post Simple Sunday Pot Roast for my TGIF Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you through The Pink Momma Hop Love your blog!

    I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party.
    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/tgif-link-party-2.html

    Please, invite your friends to party too! The more the merrier!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heya this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or
    if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Have a look at my web-site cigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great. Thanks for sharing on FFF

    ReplyDelete
  8. A simple, quick meal. Thanks for sharing at Foodie friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog on Aloha Friday and started following on google friend connect. These look delicious!

    Ashley @ http://downsizingashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these look so good! I m a big fan of Mexican food also!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for linking up with me for my Foodie Friday Blog Hop I hope I will see you again next Friday!

    Melissa A Room for Two with a View

    ReplyDelete