Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Asparagus Chicken

So Monday afternoon I was sitting in the living room trying to come up with something "new" for supper. I had these beautiful tender tiny asparagus and I have seen others use them in pasta dishes. So I brainstormed and this is what I came up with. Asparagus Chicken Pasta with a homemade cheese sauce. WOW delicious, filling and not heavy.


Asparagus Chicken

6 boneless skinless chicken tenders
1/3 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and add the broth and spices into a pan. Cook until done. While this is going on, cook your pasta.

Once the chicken is done, add :
3 green onions sliced
1 cup tiny asparagus cut into 2 inch pieces
Toss on top of the chicken and steam until tender. While this is going on, prepare the cheese sauce.

2 TBSP butter, melted
add 1/4 cup flour and stir well. Cook until thickened. Add 1/2 cup almond milk, or whatever milk you use. Add 1 cup mozzarella cheese, stir and cook on low until melted and creamy.

Drain the pasta, top with the chicken and asparagus and finish off with the creamy cheese sauce, however much suits you.

ENJOY



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

14 comments:

  1. Simple, fresh and delicious. Can't ask for much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like simple and fresh, gotta be delicious. Thanks for stopping by Karen.

      Delete
  2. I just pick up some fresh asparagus from the farm! This recipe is great looking and I bet it will put a smile on the faces of my family!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved it. Hope you guys do as well.

      Delete
  3. looks yummy! great shot!
    DEANNA FROM COOKINGTHERECIPE.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sometimes the camera loves me. LOL

      Delete
  4. Dawn, You know I love this recipe! I am so glad you brought it over to the In and Out of the Kitchen party!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, this looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing this at Tuesday's Table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn, this sounds really good. It sounds super easy, quick and delicious. Thanks for linking up at the Tried and True Party! http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/05/tried-and-true-recipes-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would LOVE to try this. I never really gave asparagus a try, but the pictures make me want to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love asparagus but hubby doesn't so will have to make this now that he is gone for the next few months. Thanks for sharing on FFF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks refreshing for spring! Thanks for sharing at Foodie friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really can't go wrong with fresh asparagus this time of year. I wish the growing season were a little longer. This dish sounds so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this looks delicious! I love fresh asparagus! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers!

    ReplyDelete