Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Delight

We had a great supper last night. We had a salad, CROCK POT LASAGNA and then I threw together this FANfreakin'tabulous dessert! The inspiration for the fabulous dessert came from HERE.  I know, you're thinking,she said WHAT? ha ha 

I told my son what I was thinking about doing and he said "well what are you waiting for?" Then he went to the store for ice cream because he did not think the dessert was over the top all on it's own, it needed ice cream and cool whip.

Yep, it might be over the top for some, but not for this crowd. Heard enough? Okay, here it is:

Apple Cinnamon Delight
1 can apple pie filling
2 TBSP brown sugar
2 TBSP melted butter, unsalted
1 can Pillsbury cinnamon rolls
1/2 cup chopped pecans

In a large bowl pour the pie filling, brown sugar, melted butter, and pecans. Cut each roll into quarters and add to the bowl. Stir well. Spray a 9 inch baking pie pan and pour the contents of the bowl into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes. Remove and pour the icing, that comes with the rolls, on top  and serve topped with ice cream, cool whip and caramel sauce.



Topping: Maola Ice Cream, Cool Whip and caramel sauce (all optional)



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

16 comments:

  1. So far i have never used apple pie filling for anything, but this Delight looks so yummy, I have to try it! We BBQ on the weekend and I really think this would be a great dessert for it! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? You could use raw apples, corn syrup and more brown sugar instead. I'm sure it would change your baking time.

      Delete
    2. Haha yeah, I think that is because we don't have those fillings in Germany. We do most of the things homemade. But I was shopping today and I bought cherry pie filling (no sugar added yay) and will make them Monday :) I'm excited!

      Delete
  2. Yum this looks delicious. I am going to pin it and try it soon. Thanks for sharing. I came over from Tuesdays Table. I hope you will check out my blog!

    lovepastatoolbelt.com

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by. I will stop by.

      Delete
  3. Honestly, my mouth is watering a little bit right now! I really mean that!

    Your son was smart to get the ice cream!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good, def. one we will do over and over.

      Delete
  4. This looks delicious. I love apple desserts. The ice cream sounds good too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathleen, it really was.

      Delete
  6. That sounds *amazing*! And my hubs would totally do the same thing with picking up ice cream lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha my husband and our oldest son are both Ice Cream-aholics :)

      Delete
  7. I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party. The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight.

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/

    Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious! Sharing on my Walking on Sunshine FB page! Thanks for linking up with FFF!

    ReplyDelete