Saturday, April 6, 2013

White Chocolate Caramel Banana Pudding

GOOD MORNING USA...not sure why I heard Robin Williams voice in my head this morning yelling "good morning Vietnam" but I did. Random I know.

Easter I made this killer dessert and if you are diabetic you might not want to fix this one. It has a sugar content that is out of this world, I do not know the amounts but from the ingredients and flavor, I can tell you it's high.

I don't do this often, maybe a few times a year, but for Easter my husband wanted banana pudding. Not just any would do, it had to be my banana pudding. However, I had it in my mind to do a serious kicked up version. I wanted to incorporate my homemade caramel into the recipe.

WOW, really good,really sweet and over the top FABulous. Now I did use the "Fat Free" versions but not the "sugar free". Believe it or not, the sugar free has more carbs and the artificial sweeteners wreck havoc with my crohn's and honestly do not help my sons diabetes either. You would think sugar free would be better for him, but it is not. Now he is type 1 and so that means his pancreas does not work/produce insulin. So if you are type 2 and sugar free works for you, continue on.


White Chocolate Caramel Banana Pudding

2 cans sweetened condensed milk
2 3/4 cups COLD water
1 package French Vanilla instant pudding
1 package White Chocolate instant pudding
4 bananas
1 can homemade caramel
1 box Vanilla wafers
8 oz cool whip

 Take your 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk and water in a large bowl and mix well. Now split this into two bowls, 3 cups each. Add a box of pudding to each bowl, french vanilla in one and white chocolate in the other and mix well. Now take 3 of the bananas, peel and slice, add to the french vanilla pudding. Allow to set up for about 5 minutes. Add almost half of the cool whip to each bowl leaving just enough cool whip to cover the top of the bowl when finished.
In my Pampered Chef trifle bowl, I layered crushed vanilla wafers, french vanilla pudding with bananas, white chocolate, caramel, wafers, 1 banana sliced, repeat all layers except the banana and top with cool whip and crushed wafers.
Enjoy
This dessert does not photograph well but taste great.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

8 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh emmmmmm geeeeeee! My daughter will LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son and husband devoured this thing in 3 days.

      Delete
  2. I cannot believe you put all those delicious ingredients together and came up with something so special. Good thing I'm not diabetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah, it's all about laying flavors and having them blend but stand out without overpowering. Eaten in 3 days by 3 guys

      Delete
  3. I am not diabetic :) and happy to have a bite or two or three, yum yum :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL we are sweet-a-holics in case you hadn't noticed :)

      Delete
  4. This looks and sounds sooo good and totally like it could be one of my new favorites! The only thing I will make different: I am NOT going to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete