Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tomato Pepper Salad

Being raised and living in NC, I am loyal to certain brands. Well, not really, but I do dearly LOVE Mt. Olive brand pickles, relishes and peppers. I use them often in my salads.
I wanted a salad but was out of lettuce. So, who says salad has to have lettuce? I mean, we eat tuna salad, chicken salad, egg salad, and none of these have lettuce.
So I looked in the fridge to see what I had.
hmmm...this was a few days before payday and time to shop again.
Tomatoes, salad peppers, olives, green onions, okay sounds good to me.

If you are in an area that does not sell these ^ wonderful peppers, gasp!, you can find them HERE

Tomato Pepper Salad
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
2 TBSP black olives
2 TBSP green olives with pimentos
3 green onions, diced
3 TBSP salad peppers
1 TBSP juice from the salad peppers
Mix and chill.
That simple

this salad was served with Israeli tri color couscous and jerk chicken.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. Mmm that would go great with my steak tonight! Definitely saving this for another time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks terrific...I just pinned it to go with a summer bbq!!

    xoxoxoThanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would love this! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #13.

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete