Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Orange Pound Cake

I was in the mood for a pound cake. I could not find my trusty pound cake recipe so I had to improvise. Turned out well but still wasn't exactly what I wanted. My husband has been enjoying it with his coffee.
However, if you want to try it, here it is.

Orange Pound Cake
Duncan Hines Orange Supreme Cake mix
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup sour cream
1 stick butter
1 pkg pudding mix
juice from one orange

Mix all ingredients well and pour into a well greased bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then invert. Top with a glaze or with fresh fruit.

Glaze
2 cups powdered sugar
2 TBSP butter
orange zest and 1 TBSP juice
In a small sauce pan, heat and stir until well blended. Allow to cool slightly and pour over cake.

Enjoy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

  1. I have coffee right next to me... meet in the middle? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love if we could share our food like we do our photos and comments online. One day, who knows. lol

      Delete
  2. I love pound cakes...and bundt cakes! I came over from Working Mom/Working on, she said choose a blog and I Loved the name of yours:) I think I am going to have fun working my way thru your recipes. The bundt cake was an awesome start! Have a wonderful day, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by and hope you find lots to try.

      Delete
  3. I love a citrus cake! Sounds good! My mother-in-law sent a pound cake to us this week...she makes an amazing one with a ton of butter and sugar and eggs...and I started a diet on Monday :P How's that for bad timing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is it that mothers and mil always know when we start a diet? Oh well, enjoy a slice and go chase the kids. That will burn it off. :)

      Delete
  4. What a great looking cake. I love a bundt cake, to me they are moister! I am sure this one is really good!

    Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen link party! I can't wait to see what you bring next week.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete