Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Melt in your mouth lemon bars

Melt in my mouth you say? Oh man, yes I do. These are incredible, moist, lemony, sugary lemon bars. Easy and delicious.
I made these the first time back in March 2011. At that time we were having a potluck every Saturday night and I was feeding anywhere from 12-65 people. YES, you read that correctly, we had as many as 65 a few times. Our average was 25. If you are not familiar with a potluck, each family brings a dish to share but being the hostess I always prepared extra because I never wanted anyone to leave hungry.
These lemon bars were a big hit, as all the desserts were. Give them a try and you decide.

Melt In Your Mouth Lemon Bars
Crust
2 cups flour
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Filling
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups sugar
4 TBSP flour
6 TBSP lemon juice
Frosting
1/2 butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp milk
water if needed
Directions
Mix crust ingredients with a fork like working a pie crust. Press into a greased floured 13 x 9 pan and bake for 15 minutes. Preheated 350 degree oven.
As the crust is baking prepare the filling. Mix all ingredients well and pour into the baked crust.
Bake filled crust for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Remove and cool completely.
Prepare frosting by mixing all ingredients for 6-8 minutes with a mixer on high. Add 2 TBSP cold water at a time until you have a creamy consistency.
Frost bars, slice and enjoy!


This recipe was a feature of the week at: Wednesday Extravaganza Image and video hosting by TinyPic

13 comments:

  1. I totally believe these were a huge hit at those potlucks. Just looking at the picture and reading through the ingredients makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tart and sweet, thank you for coming by. Not exactly paleo but worth cheating over ;)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good! Found you via the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from the blog hop! Those look absolutely incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by, I'll have to stop over

      Delete
  5. These look delicious! Love lemon bars!
    I would love it if you could come and link up on Wednesday for Wonderful Food Wednesday on my blog.
    Hope to see you there.

    Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to join you. Send me an email as a reminder.
      spatulasonparade@gmail.com

      Delete
  6. I could just sit down w/ the whole thing and a fork!! thanks for sharing at Sat. Dishes ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as much as I love sweets and adore lemons, the 13 x 9 would be a bit much. LOL not that I've tried ;)

      Delete
  7. Hi Dawn
    thanks for adding your awesome lemon bars to my link party. they look sooooo good. can I come over for some please?
    See you next week. Cook us up something good.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stop by any time, I always have something on hand.

      Delete