Saturday, April 20, 2013

Fried Apples SRS Reveal

April 20th and time for the reveal. Are you excited? I am, I love the 20th when we all reveal whose blog we were assigned and get to see how others interrupted one of our own recipes. I don't know who was given my blog yet, but I will soon.

If you've been around awhile you are familiar with the SRS and if not, let me explain. Jutta over at HungryLittleGirl has a page where you can sign up before the 5th then you are assigned another blog to peruse. Find a recipe and make/cook/bake that recipe. On the 20th we all blog about who we were given, what recipe we chose and why. Share the recipe, photos and links to the original post. Simple. If you want to join us, simply head on over to HungryLittleGirl and SIGN UP HERE then you can join us in all the fun.

I was given Jennifer Sikora of Jen's Journey . There is a lot of great information on her blog, I spent a few hours there at different times just looking around. Crafts, recipes, homeschooling, faith, family and many other things. Stop by and give her a shout out. Tell her you read about the blog here, at Spatulas On Parade.

While lurking around, I found several recipes but when I saw this one I knew this was what I would be making. I haven't had this in years and thought it was a great idea.
What did I choose?  Fried Apples, an old Southern classic. Great on french toast, over ice cream, as a side dish or dessert.

Fried Apples (adapted)
4 apples, peeled, cored and thick sliced
4 TBSP butter
3 TBSP brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Stir all the ingredients into a small skillet and cook on low/med heat until the apples are tender and the sauce has thickened. It took mine about 12 minutes.
I served them over fresh vanilla bean ice cream.

Doesn't this look fabulous?


HungryLittleGirl
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. Oh this looks mouthwatering! How do I want this as my dessert right now! Great recipe pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fried apples... We only use butter when we make them.. and then put them over ice cream with toasted coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had fried apples at a friends house and swore I would make them - I never have! This recipe is going to make me want to make some! I am always so happy to see what everyone makes a t the SRS!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete