Monday, April 8, 2013

Flamin' Oink Squeakers


First, I'd like to thank everyone who linked up yesterday for my very first Swap N Share Sunday link party. Great success and fingers crossed that it continues to grow!! Now, on to the post.

Yes, I know, you read the title and thought I had totally lost my mind. I didn't I promise.
I wanted something catchy. Not just "cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos" that was long and boring.
Flamin' = jalapenos
Oink = bacon
Squeakers = cheese (mice, cheese, squeakers get it)
Oh well, I tried.
My husband, our oldest son and his roommate AJ, LOVED these. They were quick and easy. Since I don't eat hot and most of you know this, you may be wondering WHY I fixed them.
We grew a ton of peppers last year and made HOT pepper jelly, pickled peppers, salsa and all sorts of other hot delights. However, I still have a bunch in the freezer. So I decided to treat the guys. They were very glad I did. they ate every single one. 24 between 3 guys.


Flamin' Oink Squeakers or Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos

8 oz shredded cheese (Monterrey Jack and Cheddar)
4 oz cream cheese (softened)
12 large jalapenos
12 slices of bacon, cut in half

Slice your bacon in half long ways, slice the jalapenos in half from top to bottom and remove the insides. Mix your cheese and fill the peppers. Now wrap the bacon half around the pepper. Place on a baking sheet and place in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
Enjoy!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

9 comments:

  1. Everything with bacon automatically gets a thumbs up from me, but filled with cream cheese needs a double-thumbs-up haha. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you and Cynthia. My husband LOVES bacon. I can't tell you if they were good or not as I can't eat hot but the guys scarfed them down.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow- those look amazing. Would love to have you share them this coming Wednesday for my Your Best Weekly party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Send me a link to my email and I'll stop by.
      spatulasonparade@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. Love the name! How cute is that?! And they look fantastic! My boys would flip for these! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ~Jen @ Yummy. Healthy. Easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you had that many hot peppers! I grow them every year, but I have never had enough to make all of that! These poppers look great!

    Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen link party! I can't wait to see what you bring next week.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had 44 plants of 7 different varieties and they were all very prolific. We cooked, canned, froze and ate PLUS gave away a bunch.

      Delete
  5. I'll bet these would be great grilled. Thanks for linking up at Tried and True recipes at http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/04/tried-and-true-recipes-7.html

    ReplyDelete