Thursday, April 4, 2013

Chili Smothered Enchiladas

If you are like me, you love Pinterest. Did I say love? Maybe I should say addicted. There is an upside to the Pinterest addiction. What you may ask? Less trees are killed. That's right. I am buying fewer magazines and cookbooks, so fewer trees are killed. That's my logic. However, I guess it borders on electronic hoarding, but still, there is no mess in my home to show it, so it's all good, right? Right.

Why was I on my Pinterest soapbox you ask. To get to the real point. This recipe. I saw several versions and came up with my own.

Hope you enjoy it. Now forgive the picture. I swear I tried, honestly I did, to get a yummy looking picture and I just could not do it. So just read it and think of the flavors. It taste way better than it looks. Oh yes, and I used corn tortillas instead of flour, the taste is fabulous, but that is the reason for the crappy pictures, corn tortillas unless fried fall apart the instant hot food hits. Oh well.

Chili Smothered Enchiladas - crock pot

In a crock pot on high (cook for 6 hours) place  your beef stew meat. On top of it pour:
8 oz tomato sauce
1 can Rotel (tomatoes with green chilies)
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp mesquite seasoning
1/3 cup water
2 tsp taco seasoning
After this has cooked on high for 6 hours, remove the meat and break it down/shred. Place the meat into corn tortillas, roll and place in a greased pan. Pour the sauce on top and cover with cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Enjoy


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

  1. What I love most about this recipe is that I can see my kids eating it (I mean WITHOUT complaining).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 21 yo stopped by and he had a taste, loved it. But he loves food. It looks terrible but was so good.

      Delete
  2. This sounds fantastic and is definitely on my to-cook list! I am always on the look-out for new crockpot dishes. I am with you on the Pinterest addiction thing. Once I go on there, I can spend hours starring at food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I am eating lunch as we speak, TRUE!
    But SO yearn to make you recipe...and from the Crock Pot too!
    Cheers!
    Joanne
    What's On The List?
    http://www.whatsonthelist
    Foodie Friends Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds super easy, R Dawn! Thanks for co-hosting Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete