Tuesday, April 2, 2013

CBSM Oatbars

Howdy folks and how are you today? I'm good. Today I am sharing my version of my friend Jutta's recipe Chocolate Peanutbutter cup Oatbars. My version because I can not eat peanut-butter  I grew up eating it but over the last year have become very intolerant. 

These bars are very tasty, my husband and Jesse both enjoyed them. You probably think there is nothing they won't eat and for Jesse that is true, but for my husband he can be picked on the strangest things sometimes. He's not a fan if there is too much cheese, like that is ever the case I mean really can there be too much cheese? He also is not a fan if it is overly sweet like fudge, again can there be something to sweet? He is not a fan of marshmallows or granola bars. Since these resemble granola bars he immediately was put off. Once he took a bite, he looked at me shocked (I'm insulted) and says "these are really good" as if I would give him something bad. ha

These are a great treat or to eat at breakfast time with a banana and some juice.

CBSM Oatbars (adapted from HungryLittleGirl )
2 cups quick oats
3 TBSP brown sugar
1/3 cup melted butter, unsalted
1 cup Dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
2 cups mini marshmallows
Place a sheet of parchment paper in a 8x8 pan. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Mix your oats, brown sugar and butter. Take 2/3 and press into the pan.
Sprinkle with chips and then marshmallows.
Top with the remaining oat crumble.
Bake for 15 minutes, remove and immediately press down with a spatula. Allow to cool. Then remove and cut into bars. Store in an air tight container.
Enjoy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This recipe was shared at:
www.33shadesofgreen.com Tasty Tuesday link party

Totally Tasty Tuesdays


13 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to make something like this. Love the addition of butterscotch

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good and addicting. I enjoy one in the morning with a banana and some juice :)

      Delete
  2. YUMMMM!! These look SO good! I need to make this ASAP! Thanks for linking up with Ash and I! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful, they are addictive. ha and super yummy

      Delete
  3. These sound really good! YUM! Kinking of make me think of s'mores with the chocolate & marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sort of a s'more and a granola bar combined.

      Delete
  4. These look so good! It reminds me of s'mores and I love smores. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sort of healthy, if you could the oatmeal. haha You'll love them Helen. I used Dark chocolate :)

      Delete
  5. These sound SOOOO good!! Perfect dessert! So glad you linked up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dessert, breakfast, afternoon snack. They are great for so much.

      Delete
  6. I make something like this qith Peanut butter, oats and jelly. This one looks a lot more like dessert! mmmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think our grandchildren would love this. Thank you for sharing at the hop, your participation makes the hop extra special. Big Hugs P.S. the new giveaway posted yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this on Foodie Friends Friday. This week has been one of delicious desserts for me and this is definitely on my 'must make' list.

    Joanne/Winelady Cooks

    ReplyDelete