Thursday, April 25, 2013

Breakfast Sweet Bread

I was in the mood for a great breakfast bread, not your typical cinnamon raisin. Not there is anything wrong with that. Just wanted something a little different.
Also, I've been using my honey powder in different recipes to see how it works. I have used it in oat bars, sorbet and now this bread. All have turned out great.
What goes with sweet bread? Jelly, or toasted with butter, eaten plain, with fresh fruit or use it as a decadent french toast and top with Fried Apples. Oh yeah baby.
Don't fret, I made this bread in my trusty bread machine. Dump and go. Love it. 

Breakfast Sweet Bread
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup water, 80 degrees
2 TBSP olive oil (I love the richness it adds to bread)
2 TBSP honey powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 cups bread flour
1/2 cup raisins
2 1/4 tsp Active dry yeast

At the beep add:
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup chopped pecans

Program to: sweet and light crust

Add ingredients as your machine recommends. Mine were added top to bottom in order.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

  1. Sounds delish. So now I need a bread machine AND honey powder. You're gonna end up costing me a fortune!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I LOVE my bread machine. It is a simple basic no frills machine and I have used it for almost 8 years. There are all sorts of machines in big price ranges. Go for simple.

      Delete
  2. What is honey powder?? I have honey and I think all of the ingredients to make the bread except the honey powder. Can you use real honey???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use honey, that's what I used before. You may need a tab more flour, like a TBSP or so if your dough looks too wet. Honey powder is dehydrated honey.

      Delete
  3. Another great recipe! I love sweet breads!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete