Monday, April 15, 2013

Bountiful Beef Melts

Do you have a toaster oven? I do and I love it almost as much as I do my crock pot. I use it all the time. I cook in it, heat things up, bake little bites and treats in my toaster oven, on a small bar pan from Pampered Chef.
My boys, when they were at home, used to cook chicken nuggets, pizza snacks and hot pockets in the toaster oven. I have baked biscuits and we use it all the time for reheating biscuits, pizza and toast of course.
Here is an example of a quick, easy, supper made in the toaster oven.

Bountiful Beef Melts
Deli rolls
roast beef, thinly sliced
Italian seasoning
olive oil
Roma tomatoes, sliced
green onions, sliced
sweet salad peppers, diced
provolone cheese

Slice the deli rolls and layer with: roast beef, sliced onions, sliced tomatoes, diced peppers, sprinkle with seasoning and olive oil, top with cheese. Place in the toaster oven and cook for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Be careful when removing. Enjoy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

9 comments:

  1. Love, love, love my toaster oven. In college, I had one and I used to bake muffins and other things in it too :) It is great in the summer because it doesn't heat up the house as much so we use it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, baking in this toaster oven for just myself and my husband is much smarter than my big ol' oven.

      Delete
  2. My hubby eats Sandwiches every day for lunch and I am running out of ideas how to switch it up a little - until now! I would have never thought about putting Italian seasoning on it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if my hubby would consider eating this. He's so picky about what to take to lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can leave the veggies off it that is a problem for him. I wrapped one in foil and the other I toasted. I liked them both ways.

      Delete
  4. I don't have a toaster oven, but I would still make these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago when the boys were at home, I would use a large Italian loaf, slice and load it up, wrap in foil and pop it in the oven. This is a 2 person revamp.

      Delete
  5. I used to have a toaster oven and loved it. I was always happy to have a way to cook small batches of things.

    This sandwich looks really good! Love a hot roast beef sandwich!

    Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen party! I look forward to seeing what you bring next week!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete