Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Beef Verde - crock pot

Good Morning peeps. ha yeah, after Easter lingo. That really is my lingo when I'm tired. Have you ever gotten 7 hours sleep only to wake up feeling like you had 2? That is me today. I am exhausted for some reason. Okay I know part of the reason, I have several immune issues and some days are good and some not so much. What immune issues you ask, crohn's, fibromyalgia, lupus and the list goes on so I won't bore you.

Enough of that, now on to the recipe and how it came about. I mentioned to you a few weeks back about being blessed with a huge amount of food. My pantry is still very full and I have what I need to create lots of recipes.

While looking in the pantry looking for ingredients of a recipe I saw online I thought, why? I have what I need here to create most anything. Let's get back to the basics and create.

Several weeks ago we visited our local butcher and then I had to go out of town for a family emergency. There is quiet a bit of meat in the freezer that needs to be used. One was a lovely chunk of chuck steak. Unfortunately my husband had a tooth pulled and can't chew tough or thick meat.
Solution? Crock pot!
This is what I decided on, and man was it a big hit.



Beef Verde-crock pot meal
These items were placed in order bottom to top in the crock pot.
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp cilantro
2 tsp parsley
1 TBSP paprika
3 TBSP yellow split peas (dry)
1 cup water
chuck roast 1 1/2 lbs
Garlic and Lime Verde salsa restaurant style (PACE)
5 long salad sweet peppers, sliced

small bag (VIGO) saffron rice (cook in a medium sauce pan)

Allow to cook for 6 hours on high or until the meat is so tender you can break it up with a spoon. Serve over saffron rice.
Enjoy



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. that looks Delicious!must make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deanna, it was really good. I had the leftovers with a friend yesterday for lunch. She loved it as well.

      Delete
  2. Unlike most people, there are only certain things I'll make in the crockpot, mostly soups and sauces, things that aren't meant to hold together. This would be another perfect option, as it's meant to be soft and break apart. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tender fall apart meats, soups, chili, stews all in the crock pot. This was really good.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully there is leftovers and your husband will be able to enjoy this soon! This meal looks great!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no, he enjoyed it. That was the reason for the crock pot. It was nice and tender but not mushy. He loved it.

      Delete
  4. Pinned for future ref! Love this.
    Always looking for healthy and easy crock pot recipes!
    Have a lovely day, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, it is good for you and great tasting.

      Delete
  5. I love it when you get a fall off the bone type of meal. so tender and delicious, just like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, if it doesn't fall apart, it's not done :)
      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  6. I love using my crock pot and this looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE my crock pot all year round. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. This looks so yummy! Thank you for sharing on Much Ado About Monday! Please come back each week and party with us - we'd love to see what you create next!

    Karla
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karla, I love blog hopping and partying with all my foodie friends.

      Delete
  8. Crock pots are great! What a great recipe!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my crockpot, this looks like a yummy recipe.

    Thanks for sharing your favorite post at Raising Imperfection! We feature our favorites on Friday, make sure to come back and check.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us at Saturday Dishes, Pinned to Saturday Dishes board ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks insanely delicious. Perfect share for Foodie Friends Friday. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a simple but delicious crock pot recipe. Thanks for sharing on Saturday Dishes. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete