Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April Foodie Pen Pals Reveal

The Lean Green Bean

Yes, it is that time again. Reveal time.

I have been part of the Foodie Pen Pals program for some time now. It is always so much fun, meeting new people, send packages, receiving boxes of goodies and then figuring out what to do with them.
No idea what I'm talking about. Let me tell you.


Here’s a detailed explanation of the program:
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at rocksalt@thisisrocksalt.com to get involved!
To sign up: CLICK HERE
This month I sent my package to: Carole R of Cybercooks Cooking Corner and you can visit her to see what I sent and how she used it. I'm looking forward to it.
I received my package from Jessica C who is a reader. Thanks so much Jessica. Here is what I received in my box.
I had not had a Blueberry Larabar and it was very delicious. The Mexican Blast spice mix is great. We eat a lot of Mexican food and I have used it twice so far. Once in my Taco Salad found HERE. the white chocolate apple strudel was great after I let it firm up in the fridge. LOL we had a warm day and it melted. I love the scraper and have not tried the dressing yet but am sure it will be fabulous as well. THANKS again Jessica.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. This pen pal idea is so incredible! Really, you and the others deserve an award for it and I often think food bloggers work so hard, but I know it must be a labor of love for you and it shows. Wish I was a food blogger, maybe someday. I am making the rounds to all the co-hosts of Kathe with an E link party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sue. It is true, a labor of love. A passion, can't imagine NOT blogging about food. :)

      Delete
  2. Dawn, just letting you know that you are in my Featured Food Blog sidebar for May on Carole's Chatter. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete