Thursday, March 7, 2013

Wacky Crazy No Egg Cake

Did the name get your attention? Yes, you read it correctly. No egg cake. No milk, no eggs and very little effort! Great for a quick dessert and oh so delicious too.

I whipped this up last night after supper and enjoyed it while watching a little relaxing television. It was so rich and not overly sweet, not that I mind that, but I could have eaten the whole thing. I didn't, but could have.

This cake recipe came from Sweet Little Blue Bird


Wacky Crazy No Egg Cake

1 1/2 cups flour
3 TBSP cocoa baking powder (I used Hersheys)
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp white vinegar
5 TBSP oil
1 cup water

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8 x 8 baking dish. Mix your dry ingredients together. Add your wet ingredients. Mix well and pour into the pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
Cool and frost. I had hald a can of chocolate fudge frosting in the fridge, I put it in the microwave for 30 seconds and poured it over the cake. YUM
Enjoy


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Foodie Friends Friday

16 comments:

  1. I made this recipe for my kids like a hundred years ago, so easy and sooooo good. I had forgotten about it though, thanks for sharing Fairy Garden WW this week
    Fairy Gardens w/Linky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an old recipe but one worth sharing and def. worth making again and again. Thanks for stopping by and for the party.

      Delete
  2. My son was allergic to eggs for several years, so this was my go to birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great recipe and perfect for those with allergies. So many think they have to do without a good cake. Glad your son could enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of a cake with no eggs. I will have to remember this though!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn!
    I've never baked a no egg cake before. I'll have to try this.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI glad you found me. It was good, quick, easy and gone in no time.

      Delete
  5. I'm a new follower! I am intrigued by this recipe and it looks delicious so I'm pinning it in hopes of doing it later :)

    Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easy and really rich. You'll love it. I promise.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for hosting Raising I,perfection with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello
    Visiting from the hop. Your blog is awesome. I'm your new follow. Hope you will visit my blog and follow back.
    Best
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angel, thank you so much. It is a labor of love. I will check yours out as well.

      Delete
  8. It may be wacky and crazy but it looks delicious!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to make this all the time when my daughter was little. She was allergic to milk and eggs. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete