Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sausage Roll Ups with Buttermilk Syrup - SRS


If you have not heard of the Surprise Recipe Swap, you can learn all about it and sign up over at Hungry Little Girl

HungryLittleGirl


Woo Hoo
Yep, it's that time again. Surprise Recipe Swap. This month I was given the task of picking a recipe from
and I chose Jennifer's Sausage Roll Ups with Buttermilk Syrup.

Delish!!

I spent a lot of time going through recipes at Jen site and was really torn between 3 different recipes. I chose this one however because we enjoy breakfast anytime of the day. Now that we are empty nesters we eat breakfast for Sunday night supper quite a bit and that is just what we did with this one. I made it for our Sunday night dish. My husband loved it and said he could have eaten a whole pan of the crescent rolls and the syrup without the sausage, which is an amazing statement because he loves sausage.

Sausage roll ups
8 breakfast sausage
1 can crescent rolls
Precook the sausage and drain the fat. Roll into the crescent rolls and bake according to the package.
Syrup
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp baking powder
In a saucepan, cook the first 4 ingredients and stir well. After it is all dissolved, add in the baking powder, it will double in size Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Serve over the rolls
The remaining syrup can be stored in a mason jar up to 1 month.
Enjoy we did!




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

12 comments:

  1. Wow.. I would have never thought of this! This looks decadent and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a delicious recipe. Thanks for stopping by Kelly.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I pin a lot off of your page :)

      Delete
  3. Happy SRS! Your sausage roll ups look beautiful. Thank you for trying my recipe. :-) This is a great way to explore different blogs. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love SRS so much fun to see what everyone chose and from who.
      I still have 2 of your recipes on my menu for next week :)
      Have a great week.

      Delete
  4. Dawn, you picked a great recipe! These look amazing! Can't wait to try this recipe. Pinned :)
    Michelle @ Michellestastycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, hope you enjoy them as much as we did.

      Delete
  5. This looks like a great recipe! I bet it didn't last long in your house! I will have to give this a try!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were gone in a flash. It does make a lot of syrup which is stored in a mason jar in the fridge, so hubby is begging for more crescents to drown :)

      Delete
  6. Dawn these roll ups look so yummy. My boys would go crazy if this showed up on their breakfast plates :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my husband was like "ooh what is that?" I said, just eat it. Said "mmm ohh what is this" :)

      Delete