Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ranch Chicken Coleslaw

During a recent week of our link party,In and Out of the Kitchen , we had a lovely recipe by Hot Eats and Cool Reads. I pinned this recipe and made it on 3/12.

Well, sort of made it. If you have read my post any at all, you know I don't follow directions well and normally change recipes to suit me or my pantry findings.

This is no exception.

At the above link for HECR you will find her recipe. Here is my take:


Ranch Chicken Coleslaw
2 cups cooked diced chicken, cooked with 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp chili powder with lime
4 cups shredded coleslaw mix
1/2 - 1 cup thinly sliced sweet salad peppers
1/4 cup lite ranch dressing
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp ranch dip mix (I have a bottle of homemade dip mix in my pantry)
2 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp chili powder with lime
1 tsp cumin
Mix the spices and wet ingredients, stir in the veggies and chicken. Serve at room temp and store the leftovers in the fridge.

*Note, I made this again on Wed. and put it in containers in the fridge for lunches this week. This time I added 1 cup grape tomatoes halved and 6 green onions diced up. Still fabulous!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Foodie Friends Friday
shared here as well: http://www.shakentogetherlife.com/2013/03/whats-shakin-link-party-51.html

14 comments:

  1. That looks good. We eat lots of chicken in our house and I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I've seen this its EXACTLY what I want to eat. Sounds so tasty!

    Might have to make 'coleslaw mix' myself though as not sure what it is - would it be cabbage and carrot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry, didn't think about that. Coleslaw mix is preshredded green and purple cabbage with shredded carrots. I buy mine in a huge bag at Sam's Club. It is cheaper and easier than buying a whole head of each.
      I have made it twice this week. It's that good.

      Delete
  3. This sounds very tasty! Thank you for sharing it on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a fan of coleslaw but this is much different ~ may have to give this a go.

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delicious! I am not a big fan of regular coleslaw but I love the broccoli slaw. I bet this would be delicious with broccoli slaw.

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Broccoli slaw might work, but I'm sure it would taste different.

      Delete
  6. I am the same, very seldom do I make a recipe as it is written... mainly because I don't always read through the whole recipe :). Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I have a tendency to do the same thing. Not read it through or well so then I improvise.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Sweet salad peppers are long or mini sweet bell peppers. They are sold in a bag at Wal Mart or Sam's Club and labeled, sweet salad peppers. I love them and eat them raw as a snack.

      Delete