Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pull Apart Pizza Bread

Friday night I did something I've been thinking about doing for awhile but haven't. Pull apart pizza bread. Need I say more?

Pull apart bread, two versions. Buffalo Chicken and pepperoni with fresh mozzarella.

The first one, buffalo chicken, I did the hard way. I made my pizza dough, rolled it out, spread the buffalo sauce on, added the cooked shredded chicken and thin sliced celery. Topped it with cheese. Then sliced into squares and tried to pick it up. HA don't do it this way. 

I sprayed my loaf pans with baking spray. Then stood it on its end and began to stack the cut slices into the pan. Once full, I laid it down and sprinkled more cheese on top. This baked at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, then I poured melted butter on top and baked another 5 minutes.

For the second one. I used pepperoni slices, fresh mozzarella and cheddar shreds. I rolled out the pizza dough, cut it into squares and then in layers, with the pan standing. I did dough, pepperoni, a slice of mozzarella, dough, pepperoni, shredded cheese and repeated until the pan was full. Next I sprinkled the top with Italian seasoning, more cheese and melted butter. Baked for  20 minutes. DONE

Remove the bread to a plate and 'pull apart' to eat or just remove a chunk and enjoy! Messy but good. Not low cal either.




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. Both kinds look delish!
    I will def be trying this. Easy too...right up my alley. Gotta pick up some pizza dough next time I'm in the supermarket and I'll be all set to give it a go.

    Thx and have a great day, Dawn:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easy, I made my own dough, took about 30 minutes for it to be ready and that allowed me time to get all the other items ready.
      Hope you like it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Not something you need to try right now, you need to heal a while longer. But I bet your son would enjoy it.
      Hope you are healed and better than before, no pain, and able to do a days work without resting. I remember those days after surgery. ugh

      Delete
  3. Yum, the buffalo chicken one sounds really good! I will have to give it a try. Great weekend food!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great weekend food, quick and easy. Filling as well. I could have added a salad but wasn't in the mood. ha ha

      Delete