Saturday, March 16, 2013

Peach Mango Chicken Chili (crock pot)

I was totally devastated when I discovered last week that my crock pot was cracked. And I don't mean just a little spot, I mean cracked from top to bottom on one side. Then I thought, hey, on the bright side I did want a bigger one and in an oval shape. So I hit the net and started searching for a good deal. I purchased this one on Amazon.com. Great deal and quick shipping. Gotta love that, right?



Of course the day after it arrived, I had waited long enough, it was time to break it in. With what, a new recipe of course. I had seen this recipe a few weeks ago at Bridget's blog, What's Cooking in the Burbs. I thought I had what I needed to make this great looking different chili, but alas I did not. So I improvised. It was fabulous!! My husband said "this is a keeper" so I am sure I will be fixing it again. Thanks Bridget for the inspiration to step outside the box with this chili recipe. I served it with this tiny little saltines! Have you seen them? How cute are they??


Peach Mango Chicken Chili
1 TBSP chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 can, drained and rinsed, kidney beans
1 can, drained and rinsed, chili beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 16oz jar peach mango salsa
2-3 chicken breast diced
Mix all the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours. Serve with fresh green onions and sweet peppers strips on top.
ENJOY

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

11 comments:

  1. Wow, so easy. I can't wait to see what the Peach Mango Salsa brings to the whole flavor of the dish, I never would have thought of that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sweet but with a little kick, not much, but I can't do hot so it was perfect for me.

      Delete
  2. Hi Dawn~ I am stopping by today to tell you that I have nominated you for The Liebster Award. For more info on this award go to: http://www.turnips2tangerines.com/2013/03/liebster-award-nomination.com Lynn~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lovely. I'm your newest follower from Blog Hop.
    Your blog is awesome.
    Feel free to visit and follow me @ www.revampspunkyrena.com

    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rena, thanks. Stopped by your blog, looks like you cover everything girl.

      Delete

  4. Hi dear! You have lovely and nice blog! If you want to follow each other let me know I want it so much! But please if yes leave the link of your blog!
    http://afinaskaterblogspotcom.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this sounds so so yummy! I love a slight sweetness to my meat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed it, Dawn! I like the addition of the sweet peppers on top. Yum!

    ReplyDelete