Saturday, March 23, 2013

Italian Sausage Soup with brown rice

On Monday, the 18th, I made this fabulous new soup recipe. I had seen this on our link party a few weeks ago. I LOVE our link parties, so many great bloggers and recipes. My Pinterest fills up more and more each week.
This fabulous soup was shared by My Biscuits Are Burning and you can read her recipe. I love her page! Stop by and give her a shout out.
Here is what I did:

Italian Sausage Soup with Brown Rice
1 lb Italian sausage,casings removed
1 small yellow onion diced
2 ribs of celery diced
4 large sweet salad bell peppers,diced
4 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
1 can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
2 cups beef broth
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup water
2 bay leaves
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 TBSP parsley
1 tsp paprika

3 cups cooked brown rice

In a large pot I cooked the sausage, casings removed, once that was cooked through I  added the seasonings/spices and chicken broth, stir well. Next add the vegetables and mix well. Now add the canned tomatoes, beef broth and mix well. While all of this simmers for about an hour, cook your brown rice.
Serve brown rice in a bowl topped with soup. I topped mine with fresh cracked pepper.

Enjoy!!




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. Your soup looks delicious! I like your ideas of using already shredded cabbage and adding bell peppers. I'm so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved it. Thanks so much for sharing on the link party, that's where I saw it the first time.

      Delete
  2. When I make a sausage soup, I always add mushrooms or potatoes to it. This recipe gave me an idea to try mixing in leafy veggies the next time I create one. They will dominate the soup's flavor. How about adding spinach and carrots though? Hmm, it's for me to discover. :)

    ReplyDelete