Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter 2013 & potato salad

Not sure how many of you will be stopping by today, but just in case:
HAPPY EASTER
Happy Resurrection Morning!
(photo credit would be given but I have no idea. I found it on Facebook and traced it back as far as I could but no author found)

Our Easter will consist of missing our youngest son who is in AF tech school in Mississippi right now. He graduates on May 25th. We haven't seen him since December 4th! YES I miss my baby. Sorry, Joey but you will always be my baby.

Our 21 year old son Jesse will be having Sunday dinner with us. For those of you not in the South, that means we will eat at 1. Supper is at night, dinner on Sunday is lunch, lunch is noon for any other day of the week. ha ha Don't ask me why, that's just how I was raised.

Our menu today will consist of :
rotisserie chicken
fresh asparagus (steamed with a sprinkle of sea salt)
home made potato salad (recipe below)
Hawaiian sweet rolls (store bought I'm wore out)

snacks:
bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers (recipe up later)
cheesy bean dip and chips (recipe up later)

dessert:
white chocolate caramel banana pudding (recipe up later)
wacky crazy no egg cake (with vanilla funfetti frosting)

Hard to believe I'm only feeding three adults, huh? Oh well, leftovers make great lunches and everyone is really more interested in dessert to be honest. Jesse can take some home for his room mate, who I am sure if he is reading this will be texting me soon. I can see it now "Hey second mom, can I have some cake and pudding" giggle...seriously he would do this. Love you Aaron.

I guess I should get on to the recipe.



Potato Salad
4-5 cups potatoes (your favorite, peeled, cubed and boiled)
finely dice 1/2 onion
3 eggs, boiled, peeled and chopped
2 tsp mustard
6 TBSP mayo (Dukes)
6 TBSP pickle relish (Mt. Olive sweet pickle relish)
salt and fresh cracked pepper (to taste)

Peel and dice your potatoes. Set the eggs to boiling. Dice your onion while all this is going on. When the potatoes are done, about 15 minutes. Drain well. Allow your eggs to come to a rolling boil. Cover and let sit for 20 minutes for perfectly boiled eggs. Next peel and chop. Add to the potatoes and onion in a large bowl.
Stir all ingredients well and refrigerate over night for best flavor. I sprinkle a little paprika and parsley on top to make it look festive.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This post has been shared at: My Turn For Us , Scrumptious Sunday ,

4 comments:

  1. I love potato salad. My daughter and I could make a meal out of it!

    Thanks for sharing your special day with us. I know how it is to miss one of your children on a special holiday!

    Enjoy all of your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, hope you are enjoying your day and goodies as well.

      Delete
  2. As you already know, I think this is a great recipe for potato salad! Thank you for sharing at the In and Out of the Kitchen link party!

    I look forward to seeing what you bring next week.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Hope this weeks party is a huge success.

      Delete